The Goodness Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aging hippies and WWII vets

2 posters

Go down

Aging hippies and WWII vets Empty Aging hippies and WWII vets

Post  rachel Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:21 am

Yesterday I stopped in Precious Moment Herbs and Books to pick up some herbs for tea. I love that store because you walk in and it's the quintessential stereotype of a hippie/new age store, from the lingering smell of incense to the aging hippies who work there to the well-thumbed through display rack of tarot decks. I never went there until this summer, since I don't need to stock up on my wiccan supplies I just assumed they didn't have anything I would want. However, upon doing a bit of on-line research I realized that Precious Moment, which is mere blocks from where I live has one of the best supplies of bulk herbs in the city, at really great prices. They have some things I was buying at the local co-op for a lot more, so I ventured forth.
Now I look forward to my trips to this store. Yesterday during my visit I saw my hippie friend who when I ask for my herbs always says, "that's going to be a lot," and I say, "I know, it's really light (it's basically dried flowers)." And then sometimes he'll ask me what I do with them, and I'll say I make tea. Yesterday I also saw a woman who looked like a hipster Aveda Institute student having an animated conversation with one of the aging hippies. I also saw two young women, one with a newborn baby and one who was hugely pregnant comparing ointments for healing after stitches (ouch!). And to round it all out, I saw and elderly couple purchasing vitamins telling the cashier stories about their experiences during WWII.
It all made me smile.
rachel
rachel

Back to top Go down

Aging hippies and WWII vets Empty Re: Aging hippies and WWII vets

Post  Joel Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:51 am

When you said, "stitches ouch!" I didn't get it. Then I did. birth stitches... Ouch!
Joel
Joel
Admin

http://www.joellueders.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum