The Goodness Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Postcard Club

Go down

The Postcard Club Empty The Postcard Club

Post  rachel Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:25 pm

Recently I found out about a project a friend of mine has been working on. It made me smile. I think it is an outstanding way of connecting with and remembering the people in our lives.
Here's how she explained it:

"When I was 19 I moved to Los Angeles. That was when the cheap thrill of collecting post cards began. My sheltered life in the Midwest suburbs hadn't exposed me to the genius idea of postcards used as advertisement. I quickly grew an obsession of stuffing those free postcards in my purse from every store doorway, bar or thrift shop I walked into. 10 years later, my healthy collection of postcards needed to be put to serious use. Combined with my love of all things postal, I started a subscription to the PC Club with friends and family. Some subscribers live (literally) right down the street, others across the country. Every month I send out a little doodle, random thought, joke, whatever. The only rule I have for myself is that there are "NO RE-DOS". I love it. It gives me something fun to work on each month, even if it's only for a minute. It allows me to think of my friends, and let them know I'm thinking of them; and who doesn't love getting something in the mail- besides a bill or stack of useless coupons?
The subscription is good for 1 year- or until I run out of postcards; which ever comes first. Currently I have about 35 subscriptions, with new ones each month."

This is a great example of a simple thing that could completely make the day of the recipient, fully in the spirit of The Goodness Project!
rachel
rachel

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum