The Goodness Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you love where you live?

Go down

Why do you love where you live? Empty Why do you love where you live?

Post  rachel Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:53 am

I live in Minneapolis.
Things I currently love about Minneapolis include:

1. In under an hour you can be in some of the most beautiful secluded, wooded and prairie landscapes you'll find anywhere.

2. In about the same amount of time you can visit the largest ball of twine made by one man, Francis A. Johnson. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2128 It's amazing, so amazing in fact, Weird Al Yankovic wrote a song about it, which includes the lyrics, "but I said with a smile, "Kids, this here's what America's all about" gets me every time!

3. We also have a Laura Ingalls Wilder museum and a Spam museum, not in Minneapolis admittedly.

4. The 331 Club, where you can see great bands with no cover charge.

5. The outdoor patio at the Black Forest Inn.

6. Pat's backyard, the best of this summer by far.

7. The way we adore our seasons changing, and the almost imperceptible ways you can feel everyone's attitudes collectively shift a bit as thoughts turn to sweaters, and crisp autumn mornings with steaming mugs of coffee.

8. The amount of talent and creativeness that is fueled by long, dark, bleak winters where we are trapped indoors and all go a little bit crazy. Perhaps this is the very thing that causes us to be home to the largest ball of twine made by one man!
rachel
rachel

Back to top Go down