The Goodness Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the beauty of relaxation and contrasts, or, camping, gardening and urban life

Go down

the beauty of relaxation and contrasts, or, camping, gardening and urban life Empty the beauty of relaxation and contrasts, or, camping, gardening and urban life

Post  rachel Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:42 am

I spent labor day camping at Afton State Park. This summer was the first time I discovered this wonderful state park that is only about 45 minutes away from my apartment home in Minneapolis. It's a beautiful place to go camping, the campsites are quite private and wooded, allowing you to pretend you're really out in the woods all alone, and it's a great environment to play Little House on the Prairie in. It also has miles of great hiking, not to mention the steep, uphill one-mile hike just to get to your campsite. The last time I went there I spent hours hiking and exploring and was completely exhausted at the end of the day. This time I spent the whole day sitting, stretching or lying in the sun, it was utterly relaxing. However, I was struggling with the feeling that I should be more productive. On holiday. This is a ridiculous notion! So, I let it go, and had a wonderful, lazy, sun-filled day!
This morning, back in my cozy, urban apartment on the edge of downtown Minneapolis, I planted spinach in my indoor garden. I've never been a gardener, and I'm enjoying this small foray into growing my own food. It makes me very happy to have a small piece of nature in my apartment, it's a little reminder of the great big world that exists outside of the city.
rachel
rachel

Back to top Go down